Summer Job & Internship Fair Employer Information
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Breslin Student Events Center (map)
This annual event attracts students from all majors looking for a full- or part-time seasonal job or internship. Over 1,000 students and 175+ employers representing corporations, campus, MSU departments, parks, and more attend.
Registration fees include one 6′ x 18″ covered/skirted table, registration for two recruiters, two chairs, light refreshments, parking, hospitality room, and interview space the following day.
Summer Job and Internship Fair Info
Wednesday, February 17
Breslin Center (map)
1:00 - 3:00pm Recruiter Check-In and Set Up
3:00 - 6:00pm Event Hours (light refreshments and beverages will be provided)
Recruiter Check-in: Begins at 1:00 p.m. at MSU Breslin Center (NEW LOCATION). We will have students available between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to assist you with unloading your materials and taking them to your table. When you check-in you will receive a recruiter packet that will have any specific information you will need for the evening and interview information if your team will be interviewing students you meet at the event the following day.
Interview Day Info: OPTIONAL
Thursday, February 18
Located at the Student Services Building (map) and the Spartan Stadium Office Tower (map)
(You will be provided with blank interview schedules, interview locations and parking directions at Career Fair check-in on February 17)
Parking - We will provide updated parking information at Summer Fair employer check-in table
8:00 - 8:45am Check-in
9:00am - 4:00pm Interviews
OPTION 1: All shipping can be handled for you (by MSU Logistics). Items will be delivered directly to your booth and picked up from Gate after the event using your preferred carrier. This service is an additional cost of $45.00 (not including carrier charges). Please note it’s your responsibility to bring your return shipping items to Breslin Center Gate B.
Please follow these shipping label instructions
OPTION 2: You may bring all materials to the event, and will be responsible for getting these materials to your booth. Shipping after the event is your responsibility.
Please seal all return packages and fill out the return shipping labels.
- If your organization has utilized MSU Logistics for your inbound/outbound shipping, place your return shipping materials on Concourse level by Gate B
- If your organization does NOT utilize MSU Logistics, there is a FedEx/UPS pickup location on the arena level in the tunnel entrance. Please look for the sign says “UPS / FedEx Pickup Location”.
- Place your return shipping materials in the tunnel entrance on the Arena Floor.
- Call FedEx or UPS to schedule a pick up.
NOTE: All materials need to be picked up by 7:00pm on February 17.
Address: Breslin Student Events Center, 534 Birch Road, East Lansing, MI 48824
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be submitted in writing to MSU Career Services (email@example.com) by January 29, 2016. A $35 processing fee will be subtracted from your refund. No refunds for cancellations will be given after the deadline. Registered organizations that fail to show up at the event will be charged/invoiced for the full registration fee.
Persons with Disabilities: Persons needing accommodations should call our office (517) 884-1310 by January 20, 2016, to allow time to make appropriate arrangements.
Sustainability is a high priority at Michigan State University. We appreciate your efforts to help us Be Spartan Green.
- To reduce the amount of paper we use at career fairs, we will not be printing an event booklet.
- We will post online a PDF version of the event booklet.
- We will provide maps/company layouts for everyone at the event.
- We encourage you to bring conservative amounts of materials for the event, including eco-friendly giveaways.
- Carpool when possible.