Student Event Ambassador Information
How to become an Ambassador?
- To sign up, log in to your account in Handshake.
- Click on "Career Fairs"
- Register for "Career Fair" Ambassador.
What is an Ambassador?
Student Representatives who commit their time and skills to assist in running the event.
What are the responsibilities of an Ambassador?
- Host employers during the event
- Represent Career Services, the Colleges, and Michigan State University professionally and with prestige
- Assist with student entry to the event; operate scanners and distribute event booklets and maps
- Greet and assist recruiters
- Run errands for employers
- Assist with continuous refreshment replenishment for employers
- Assist employers with their booth setup and/or tear down
- Distribute and collect employer and student evaluations
- Collect interview schedules from employers
- Problem solve
How much of my time is needed?
Most events run for three to four hours. However we need help prior to and after the events to assist employers with setting up and tearing down their exhibits.
What do you get for being an Ambassador?
- Great experience and resume builder
- Recruiters notice the work ambassadors put in during the event. We encourage you to update your resume and bring multiple copies to the event even if you are not actively looking for a job or internship; you never know what opportunity might present itself.
- Direct employer contact
Even if you aren’t able to volunteer, we encourage you to come to the events for the experience to connect with organizations and explore employment and internship opportunities.
If you still have any questions contact the Career Events Office at (517) 884-1310.