MSUFCU Internship Opportunity Award
About the Spring 2015 Program
If you are an MSU undergraduate participating in an unpaid internship, this program is designed to encourage and support your initiative in finding experiential learning opportunities that help you prepare for your career. Funded by the generosity of the MSUFCU and individual donors, this program is administered through the MSU Career Services Network. Awards of $500 up to $1,000 each are available. The number of awards and dollar amounts will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need.
Application Deadline: Monday, December 1 at 12:00pm
Spring 2015 Application (pdf)
Spring 2015 Overview (pdf)
Recipients are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing
- Preference will be given to students returning to classes the semester after their internship
- Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: non-profit organization, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid)
- Open to U.S. based internships only
- Preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the greater Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start up businesses in operation less than two years.
Program is NOT open to students interning with an MSU department or who are past Award recipients.