MSUFCU Internship Opportunity Award
About the Program
If you are an MSU undergraduate participating in an unpaid internship, this program is designed to encourage and support your initiative in finding experiential learning opportunities that help you prepare for your career. Funded by the generosity of the MSUFCU and individual donors, this program is administered through the MSU Career Services Network. Stipend awards of up to $1,000 each are available. The number of awards and dollar amounts will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm, Wednesday, January 13
- Log into Desire2Learn at D2L.msu.edu
- click the Self Registering Courses tab (upper right corner), search and click on the “MSUFCU Intern Award” to enroll in this course.
- Once added, open the course and
- complete the application form
- upload your most current resume
- upload your personal essay
__ D2L application completely filled out. Provide information about the internship you are most likely to secure if you have not already secured (accepted) an internship position.
__ Personal Essay – One (1) page describing your academic and career goals and how this internship fits into your strategy for achieving your goals. You are encouraged to demonstrate your passion for your internship opportunity as well as make your case for any financial considerations that are affecting your ability to pursue your internship. If you have not yet secured one, describe the #1 priority internship you are pursuing.
__ Current Resume
The number of awards will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Contingent awards are available for students who have not accepted an internship offer by the January 13 deadline, but internships must be secured by January 27, 2016.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2016 at 11:59pm.
Recipients are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing
- Preference will be given to students graduating in December 2016 or later
- Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: non-profit organization, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid)
- Open to U.S. based internships only
- Preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the greater Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start up businesses in operation less than two years.
- Program is not open to students interning with an MSU department, who are interning internationally, who are past Award recipients, or graduate level students.
Questions regarding the application process or the Desire 2 Learn course, please contact: Victoria Morris: email@example.com