Thank you to the 260+ students who submitted applications to the MSU Federal Credit Union Internship Opportunity Award program by the March 30 deadline. All applicants should hear back from Career Services no later than April 25, 2013. Good luck to everyone pursuing a summer internship experience!
Summer 2013 Program Overview
For MSU students participating in an unpaid internship during summer 2013, the MSU Federal Credit Union Internship Opportunity Award program is designed to encourage and support their initiative in finding experiential learning opportunities that help prepare students for their careers. Funded by the generosity of the MSUFCU and individual donors, this program is administered through the MSU Career Services Network.
Internship Awards – Summer 2013
40 Awards of up to $1,000 each are available. Additional awards will be given based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Contingent awards are available for students who have not accepted an internship offer by the deadline (i.e., contingent on securing the summer internship).
Application Deadline: 5:00pm on Saturday, March 30, 2013
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing (expected graduation of August 2013 or later)
- Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: non-profit organization, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid)
- Open to U.S. based internships, preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the greater Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start up businesses in operation less than two years.
To be considered for this award, all applicants need submit the following materials to MSU Career Services (details listed below):
- Application – completely fill out online form or paper form. Provide information about the internship you are most likely to secure if you have not already secured (accepted) a position.
- Personal Essay – One (1) typed page describing your academic and career goals and how this summer internship opportunity fits into your strategy for achieving your career goals. You are encouraged to demonstrate your passion for your internship opportunity as well as make your case for any financial considerations that are affecting your ability to pursue your summer internship. If you have not yet secured one, briefly describe any additional internships you are pursuing.
- Current Resume
Deadline: 5:00pm on Saturday, March 30