Thank you for taking time to focus on your student’s career development needs. We are happy to help either by consulting with you directly or by meeting with a student you have referred. The Career Services Network assists students in all stages of their career planning and decision-making process. The assistance provided by career advisors is different from that provided by academic advisors; we do not assist the student select specific courses to meet academic requirements. Career advisers focus on helping the student develop a personal strategy to meet their career goals beyond their current degree program through:
- Uncovering their skills, interests and values. Career assessment tools are one way to accomplish this. Learn more about career assessments.
- Identifying career options and finding career related experiences to make informed choices
- Effectively articulating skills learned both in and outside the classroom for employers and graduate/professional schools
- Polishing resumes or cover letters
- Creating a job or internship search strategy
- Preparing for interviews
- Developing a plan and materials for applying to graduate or professional school
- Connecting to professional networks
The Career Services Network has advisors located across campus that are ready to assist students with their career planning needs. In addition to advisers in Career Services @ the Student Services Building, and the Lear Corporation Career Center, Field Career Consultants are present in seven different colleges and specialize in customized services, programming and career resources specific to the colleges they serve. For more information on the structure of our network and to learn about specific contacts for your students, visit http://careernetwork.msu.edu/who-we-are
- To refer a student for individual career advising. Direct them to http://careernetwork.msu.edu/students/advising to schedule an individual appointment or have them call us at 517-355-9510.
- To consult with a professional career adviser regarding a student, we welcome your call at 517-355-9510 or email at email@example.com.
- To learn about specific contacts for your students, visit http://careernetwork.msu.edu/who-we-are