Refer a Student
Thank you for taking time to focus on your student’s career development needs. We are happy to help either by consulting with you directly or by meeting with a student you have referred. The Career Services Network assists students in all stages of their career planning and decision-making process. The assistance provided by career advisers is different from that provided by academic advisers; we do not assist the student select specific courses to meet academic requirements. Career advisers focus on helping the student develop a personal strategy to meet their career goals beyond their current degree program through:
- Uncovering their skills, interests and values. Career assessment tools are one way to accomplish this. Learn more about career assessments.
- Identifying career options and finding work-related experiences to make informed choices
- Effectively articulating skills learned both in and outside the classroom for employers and graduate/professional schools
- Polishing resumes or cover letters
- Creating a job or internship search strategy
- Preparing for interviews
- Developing a plan and materials for applying to graduate or professional school
- Connecting to professional networks
The Career Services Network has advisers located all over campus that are ready to assist students with their career planning needs. In addition to advisers in Career Services at 113 Student Services Building and the Lear Corporation Career Center in the Eppley Center, Career Consultants are present in seven different colleges and specialize in customized services, programming and career resources specific to the colleges they serve. Find more information about our network and specific contacts for your students at our Who We Are page.
To refer a student for individual career advising. Direct them to our online Career Advising scheduling system [Link to advising login page http://careernetwork.msu.edu/students/advising] to set up an individual appointment, or have them call us at 517-355-9510.
To consult with a professional career adviser regarding a student, we welcome your call at 517-355-9510 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To learn about specific contacts for your students, visit our Who We Are page.