Helping Students with Career Fairs
Every year the MSU Career Services Network hosts more than a dozen Career Fairs designed to connect students with employers. The first event of the school year is the Earn, Learn & Intern job fair in early September. Our largest event is the three-day career fair, Career Gallery, held in late September in the Breslin Center. In addition to career or field-specific events, there's also a Summer Job & Internship fair in mid February.
Here's what you need to know to help your students:
- All career events are open to students in all majors
- Students can find information about each career fair in Handshake, including dates, times, locations, employers and any student requirements
- Freshmen and sophomores are encouraged to attend career events, both to learn more about their fields of interest and to see how juniors and seniors are interacting with employers
- Students should also check out the Career Exposure series where they can meet and learn from alumni working in specific fields and industries (send them to their Handshake account for info and updates)
- Direct students to the Getting Results at a Career Fair section of our website