Five Challenges & 10 Tips for Getting Hired as an International Student

International students hold various types of visas while studying in the United States. The majority of international students at MSU hold an F or J visa. International Students with F/J visa status must apply for authorization from OISS and the U.S. government before conducting any off-campus practical training (like an internship or job). Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) are two of those practical authorizations that F students must consider before applying for an off-campus internship. There are many factors that make obtaining this work challenging. We’re breaking down some common challenges, and then giving you some creative ways to get through them and work toward your dream job or internship!

View the full article on the OISS site.

By Allison Fox
Allison Fox