International Students

Five Challenges & 10 Tips for Getting Hired as an International Student

International students hold various types of visas while studying in the United States. The majority of international students at MSU hold an F or J visa. International Students with F/J visa status must apply for authorization from OISS and the …

By Allison Fox
Allison Fox
Read more »

True/False OPT: What you need to know about applying for Optional Practical Training

The application process for OPT is not difficult, but it takes time. Right now OPT cases are taking close to 5.5 months to be processed by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because of this, it’s very important …

By Allison Fox
Allison Fox Career Consultant, Residential College in the Arts and Humanities and International Studies and Programs Allison Fox
Read more »




Bachelor's degree graduates continue education.



Undergraduate students complete an internship.



Bachelor's degree graduates work or continue education.