About this Job
This position will work closely with the IPF Learning and Development team to support the implementation of a new integrated work management system (a software platform named Planon) by creating materials to help IPF employees learn this new system. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of team programs and project deliverables. The majority of the work of this position will take place remotely or at the MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities building. However, some work might occur across the university onsite with employees of the unit.
Work includes reviewing developed training content, delivering training to groups of employees, tracking training-related information (attendance, survey information), and supporting the team as needed.
Applicants should be experienced in training/teaching facilitation, active listening, data entry and use of technologies including mobile devices (especially Apple), Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Job Duties include:
- Learning and Development Strategy
- Assist in facilitating virtual and in-person training to a multi-disciplined workforce.
- Assist in the communication of training surveys and compilation of results.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Respond to communications via email and Microsoft Teams.
- Participate in the onboarding of new employees of the organization as it relates to Planon.
- Training Program Support
- Responsible for creating and maintaining training materials with a focus on Planon system materials.
- Assist with the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of IPF Learning and Development training programs.
- Assist in documenting feedback from trainees during feedback sessions.
- Responsible for supporting the management of content on the Planon HUB intranet page.
- Project management
- Develop, coordinate, and implement projects as assigned that are associated with IPF Learning and Development work on the Planon project.
- Experience with facilitation of small group trainings and activities
- Experience with creating instructional guides and resources
- Ease in learning new software and applications quickly but thoroughly
- Skilled at effectively communicating and collaborating with others while being flexible and adaptable
- Experience with guiding learning on topics related to technology including but not limited to the use of mobile devices (iPhones, iPads) and the use of applications (AppTree, GIS/FIT)
- 20 hours/week
- Hours are flexible, but will be mostly determined based on when training sessions are held between 8am – 5pm
- Dates are March 2023 – May 2024, including summer 2023
- Preference for candidates that can commit to the full timeline