Career Advising appointments are available to current, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates (up to two years post-graduation).
Our general and discipline-specific career advisors can assist students and alumni with a range of career development and planning topics, such as:
- Assessing skills and professional interests
- Choosing a major and exploring careers and industries
- Gaining experience through internships, part-time work, and other professional development opportunities
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Developing a job search strategy
- Building a professional network
- Preparing for interviews
- Evaluating job offers
- Exploring graduate and professional school options and preparing application materials
Schedule an Appointment: Advising appointments, in-person and virtual, are available through Handshake. Once logged in, click on the “Career Center” tab on the left side panel of your home page, and then click on “appointments” to schedule a time that works for you.
Learn about drop-in services: Review available options.
Accommodations: If you anticipate needing an accommodation to participate in a career services program or activity, or have questions about accessibility, please contact us ahead of time at 517-355-9510 or email CareerServices@csp.msu.edu.