Phd and Postdoctoral Students
MSU PhDs are leaders and trailblazers in the US and abroad, pursuing careers in universities, government, nonprofit, industry, and K-12 education. PhD Career Services, together with the MSU Graduate School, provides multiple online resources, as well as workshops and advising, to support the many paths graduate students choose to pursue.
The primary web resources for career exploration and professional development are located on the PhD Career Services website .
PhD career advisors are available to meet with you one-on-one to assist you with your career planning and job search process.
- Currently enrolled PhD Students: Virtual advising appointments via Zoom and phone are available through Handshake.
- Postdoctoral Scholars: The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs offers support for the career and professional development needs of MSU’s Postdoc community. They are available for individual consultations, and serve as a resource for workshops, leadership development, and other opportunities.
Connect with Alumni and Employers
There are a number of ways for you to network with Spartan alumni and potential employers to gain insight on how to successfully enter or advance in your field or industry.
- Join MSUConnect, a platform connecting the Spartan community through mentorship and purposeful connections
- Use LinkedIn to build a professional network with industry leaders and employers
- Become a member of professional organizations for the most up-to-date information on industry standards, conferences, and job and internship opportunities in your field
- Curated Resources from Career Services: Be sure to browse the catalogue of resources Career Services has curated for Phd students, which includes career exploration, job search sites, and support services.