The Career Services Network and the Alumni Office provide a number of career development services for Michigan State alumni. Whether you are looking for some career guidance or trying to hire the next generation of Spartans, take a look below to find out how to get connected.
Recent Graduates (0-2 years post-graduation)
Recent graduates can still utilize many of our services, including:
- One-on-one advising appointments with general and discipline-specific career advisors
- 12+ career fairs every academic year
- Handshake, more than 60,000 job postings are posted for MSU students and recent graduates each year. Use a search agent to receive alerts for new employment opportunities that match your specific interests. Follow employers of interest to be updated on their events and job postings.
- CareerShift, job postings and employer contact database for MSU alumni
- MSU Connect, a platform connecting the Spartan community through mentorship and purposeful connections
- Data on Career Outcomes for Spartans, published annually
Experienced Professionals (2+ years post-graduation)
Experienced alumni (more than two years post-graduation) can:
- View current job postings and find employer contacts using CareerShift,
- Find a list of professional career coaches available to help you make your next career transition as well as additional job search resources on the MSU Alumni Office website and the Spartans Helping Spartans page.
- Join the MSU Alumni LinkedIn group to make connections and find job postings.
- Meet current students and fellow alumni through MSU Connect, a platform connecting the Spartan community through mentorship and purposeful connections
There are many ways to get connected to current students and alumni for mentorship, employment opportunities, and support:
- Join MSU Connect, a platform connecting the Spartan community through mentorship and purposeful connections
- Post a job or internship on Handshake, our career management platform for current students and recent graduates
- Join CareerShift, a job postings and employer contact database for MSU alumni
- Contact our employer relations team to learn about MSU recruiting opportunities including career fairs and interviews
- Connect with a college career advisor to discuss opportunities to engage with students in specific MSU departments