MSU’s Career Services Network has partnered with MSU’s Office for International Students and Scholars to provide centralized online career resources for international students. Below you will find curated content that will assist you in successfully navigating your job search process, and articulating the value that your experiences bring to an employer.
Companies that Hire International Students
- International Student Employment Guide
- Where MSU International Graduates Work: Employer, Job Title, Country
- Top U.S. Employers of International Graduates
- Job Board: U.S. Companies that Hire International Students (H1-B Search)
- How to Talk to U.S. Employers about Internships (CPT)
- How to Talk to U.S. Employers about Post-Graduation Work (OPT)
Global Job Search
- Global job search tool GoinGlobal offers country-specific job boards and resources
- See the top companies where international MSU alumni work in their home countries
- Connect with MSU alumni clubs in your home country
- Research companies with locations in your home country and the U.S.
- Join MSU student groups affiliated with the country where you wish to work
Finding Work in the U.S.
Immigration law makes it challenging for international students to obtain full-time work in the U.S. after graduation. Many U.S. based organizations value the diversity that international students bring to their organizations, however due to immigration law, organizations have difficulty employing international students.
- Learn more about job search basics in the U.S. for international students
Know your Work Authorization Options
F-1 or J-1 students (unless prohibited by J-1 sponsor) are eligible to work on-campus for 20 hours a week during the school year and full-time during vacation periods. Work that exceeds 20 hours per week on-campus or any work off-campus must be authorized by OISS.
- Review work authorization options for international students.
Connect with international graduates by joining the International Students and Alumni interest group on MSU Connect. Find an alumni mentor based on your preferred location, industry, or specific organization.