Candid Career provides you with a fun and effective way to explore careers and learn about job search strategies through …
Visit the Career Closet
Need professional attire for an upcoming career fair, interview, or other event? The Career Closet has you covered. We offer free professional attire rental to help you impress at interviews and career fairs. Stop in any day of the week and browse our wide selection of items. Our inventory includes business casual and professional pants, shirts, jackets, dresses, and more! The friendly Career Closet staff will be happy to help you find the right item.
Location: Career Exploration Center, 113 Student Services Building
Hours: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday – Friday, or by appointment
Hosted by the Career Services Network in partnership with ASMSU. Special thanks to Spartan Linen Services and many generous Spartan Alumni donors.
The Career Closet provides access to professional clothing and accessories to use for interviews, career fairs, and other professional activities. A goal behind the establishment of the closet is to work to remove potential barriers and financial strain that can exist within the job search process.
Check Out Process:
- Stop by during the open Career Closet hours or contact CareerServices@csp.msu.edu to set up an appointment
- Look through our items and select up to 5 clothing pieces
- Check out the items and keep them for up to 7 days
- Return items after you use them so we can clean and restock them for future use
- Leave us feedback on if there were any things you were looking for that we didn’t have
Want to donate clothing or money to the Career Closet to support Spartan student success?
We accept gently used or new business casual and professional clothing, as well as funds to purchase needed clothing for students to borrow.
Clothing donation criteria:
- Modern professional suits and suit separates (jackets/sport coats, pants, skirts, and dresses)
- Button up shirts and blouses
- Business casual basics – jackets, blouses, shirts, and pants
- Basic workwear colors – grey, black, navy, brown/khaki
- Gently used/like new dress shoes and belts
- Recently cleaned
- No rips, tears, missing buttons, or stains
- Inclusive sizing, men’s, women’s gender neutral
Drop off Location:
Student Services Building, Room 113 – Career Exploration Center
Donate Funds: Give to MSU’s Career Closet
Career Exploration Center
556 E. Circle Drive, 113 Student Services Building
East Lansing, MI 48824
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday – Friday, or by appointment
Supported by Russell Palmer Career Management Center and Multicultural Business Programs.
651 N. Shaw Ln, M120 Minskoff Pavilion
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Phone: (517) 432-0830